Last Revised: Oct 19, 2017
Oplign Data Collection
“Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, location, phone number, e-mail and mailing addresses, professional title, company name, employment history, education history, military experience, skills work experience, certifications, resume, IT related skills, personal summary, and password when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”).
- We retain information on your behalf, such as job qualifications, job rejections, job invites, skill alignments, experience alignments, uploads and messages that you store using your Account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you post content (text, images, photographs, messages, comments or any other kind of content that is not your e-mail address) on our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers.
- Your posted information will be viewed by other users of the site, along with your profile photo and any other information that you choose to make public on your profile page (“Profile”). The information that you provide in your Profile will be visible to others, including anonymous visitors to the Site.
- Enterprises posting job opportunities to the site readily view all information in your Anonymous Data, and from time to time can view your Personal Data.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Service.
- We may also collect Personal Data at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
- When you post messages on the message boards of our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it.
Data Collected Via Technology
- As a web service, Oplign will automatically gather, store, and utilize information it receives via various electronic and web based methods. This includes “Personal Data” and “Anonymous Data” collected from time to time via the various methodologies outlined below:Information Collected from Social Networking Sites: If you are not currently registered as a user of the Service, and you click on “Sign In” using Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, GitHub, AngelList, or another SNS that we support, you will first be asked to enter your SNS credentials and then be given the option to register for the Service. In this case, we may receive information from that SNS to make it easier for you to create an Account on the Site. Any information that we collect from your SNS account may depend on.
- Information Collected by Our Servers.To make our Site and Service more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
Third Party Information Collected from You
- If you decide to invite a third party to create an Account, we will collect your and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party. We may also preform the following actions in relation to the fulfillment of Service to both you and the third party:
- We may maintain this information indefinitely in our database and may also use this information to help us establish networks of contacts, document relationships, facilitate referrals, and improve our services.
- We may also use this information to show you and other users that you may know each other or have shared contacts. We rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to access and upload the third party’s names and e-mail addresses as required above.
- You or the third party may contact us at email@example.com to request the removal of this information from our database. The e-mail that is sent to your friends will come from your e-mail address so that your friends know that you want to invite them to visit the Site.
Information Collected From Third Party Companies
We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from companies, Veteran Service Organizations (VSO), service branches, and non-profit entities that provide our Service by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website, companies that offer their products and/or services on our Site, and/or companies that otherwise collect such information. These third party companies may supply us with Personal Data. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site in order to improve the Service we provide.
Use of your Personal Data
In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- Create and establish your profile on our Site;
- Establish Username, Password, and email communications methodology;
- Identify you as a unique user in our system;
- Allow you access to the Site’s various Services
- Deliver improved administration of our Site and Service;
- Adjust Site information delivery based on your customized requests
- Maintain the quality interaction with our Site and Service;
- Send you operational e-mail notifications, such as information about job alignments or skill updates in the system
- Send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as information about security or support and maintenance advisories;
- Respond to your inquiries;
- Proactively contact you via email or telephone calls, from time to time;
- Deliver newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Service and for other marketing purposes of Oplign.
User Testimonials And Feedback
We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Service. We occasionally publish such content. When we publish this content, we may identify our users by their first and last name and may also indicate their home city. We obtain the user’s consent prior to posting his or her name along with the testimonial. We may post user feedback on the Site from time to time. We will share your feedback with your first name and last initial only. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting you name with your feedback. If you make any comments on a blog or forum associated with your Site, you should be aware that any Personal Data you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these blogs and forums.
Creation Of Anonymous Data
We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Service and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- Third Parties Designated by You: When you use the Service, the Personal Data you provide will be shared with the third parties that you designate to receive such information, including other websites, your friends, relatives and business associates. Depending on the type of access you grant to such third parties, they may also be permitted to edit the information you have provided to us and to designate others to access and edit such information. You may change your settings at any time as to who has access to your information by going to your account settings and changing your publishing options.
- Third Party Service Providers: We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Service that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to Oplign. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Oplign.
- Public Profile: Certain portions of the information you provide to us may also be displayed in your Profile. As an essential element of the Service, most of the Personal Data you explicitly provide to us when you register or update your Profile is displayed on your Profile. In order for your Profile to be made public, you must go to your profile settings and then to profile visibility. By default, your Profile is not for public viewing. Your photos, posts, friends, and other content you post to the Site are also meant for public consumption. We may display this content on the Site and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. Once displayed on publicly viewable web pages, that information can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not put Personal Data in your posts. Once you have posted information publicly, while you will still be able to edit and delete it on the Site, you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines).
You have various choices regarding the use of information on Oplign:
- Cookies: If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
- Delinking SNS: If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your SNS account (e.g., Facebook) linked to your Account, then you may de-link the SNS account in the “preferences” section in your account settings. You may also manage the sharing of certain Personal Data with us when you connect with us through an SNS, such as through Facebook Connect. Please refer to the privacy settings of the SNS to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between the Service and your social media account or mobile device.
- Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data: You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account by editing your profile within your Account or by sending an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in archival databases.
Security of Your Personal Data
Oplign is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while Oplign uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, Oplign cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- About Children: Oplign does not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits Personal Data to Oplign and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.